After the events of 2010, both the United States and China made basic changes in their policies, the United States moving towards an independence energy issue and China to become the first economic power, for a country like Russia to control important areas of the world in particular, the Middle East, at the same time means controlling the markets of Europe and Asia, therefore Russia’s return to Syria and the Middle East brought many political and geo-economic dimensions. In other words, Russia’s return to Syria is not only affected Syria’s tensions, but also strengthened Kremlin powers in Libya, Iraq, Egypt, and at the same time changed relations between Russia and the Gulf countries, particularly Saudi Arabia- the world’s third-main oil producer after the United States and Russia.
Russia and Iran’s cooperation on Syrian land, as well as Moscow’s desire to control and prevent Iran’s expansion of its influence in Syria and Iraq, and now Lebanon have changed methods of relations between Russia and Saudi Arabia. Furthermore, Russia-Israel in a way which allies of the United States, are now at a high level of relations with Russia (based on economic, political and intelligence). It is clear to Riyadh and Tal Aviv that any changes in the region will not succeed without Russia’s contribution. The success of Putin’s efforts to preserve Bashar al-Assad in power and control 70% of Syria’s territory by Bashar al-Assad after Arab Spring events, Syria and ISIS war is defined as a success of Russia and the compulsion of regional countries to normalizing their relations with Syria and Russia.
The outcome of this article briefly reached to following points:
– Changing the direction of Us policy in the Middle East and Eurasia to a Peaceful Asia against China’s expansionism will strengthen Russia in Syria and the Middle East, after the complex of “US” policy in the region which it is in interests of the United States, because Russia can control Iran’s dominance in Syria and the Middle East through its sovereignty and protect Israel’s security.
– Russia’s active policies have changed the balance (US = China + Russia) to the modern triangle balance (Russia-US-China), but Russia could be able to become the key to that formula, because Russia has been able to achieve two goals through its relations with China; first: cooperation with China to protect its borders and strengthen its economy. Second: protecting its interests by preventing China from hegemony in European markets without Russia’s participation.
– Russia in the Middle East has proved that no project will be carried out without “Russia” and reaffirmed to the multipolar world that Russia can be the key to the new and modern triangle of the global system.
– Russia’s defense system and control of energy markets for the United States and China are the biggest threats if they make difficulties for Russian projects, or deprive Russia.
– The impact of this trilateral competition on the Kurdistan Region is full of formulaic and changing, particularly in the post-ISIS and post-Trump era.
– Russia is the key to US and Chinese policy, in order to control (China and America) and protect its economy from collapse again. But the future of that key may be closed or open.
Leave a Reply